Last Update: 08/02/15
Spectify collects certain information in order to operate the Site and understand how to improve the Site. The nature of web sites is that they operate optimally by exchanging information back and forth with visiting users. While Spectify makes reasonable efforts to maintain the security of personal information in its custody or control, please be advised that the Internet and e-mail are inherently insecure media, and Spectify accepts no liability for the security or privacy of Personal Information in transit over the Internet.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following information that you provide to us directly:
- Your screen name, password and email address as you register for a Spectify account.
- Profile information that you provide for your Community and Personal Profile.
- Entries that you make including categories and descriptions and any tags, flags or deadlines applied to an Entry. This includes any that are shared with the Spectify Community or any of the other “share” options either in the original form or an edited form.
- Your Spectify Assessment inputs and results.
- Any comments or responses you make in the Spectify Community.
- Any feedback you submit to Spectify through the feedback button or any other communication between you and Spectify.
- Any associations you make with other Spectify users through the Crowd feature of the Spectify Community.
What Analytics Do We Conduct and What Information Do We Retain?
- To help us better understand usage trends and measure Site traffic, we use certain third party analytic tools. These tools are used to collect information from your device or the Site, including web pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Site. This information is collected in an aggregated format so that it cannot be used to identify a particular individual User.
- If you use a mobile device to access the Site, we may access, monitor, store and collect on your device and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers” which are small data files or a similar data element stored on or associated with your mobile device and which uniquely identifies it. It may either be stored on the device, in connection with device’s operating system ,or other software, or data sent to the device by Spectify.
- Such identifiers may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Site and may assist us or others to provide reports or personalized content and ads.
- You can disable such identifiers but some features of the Site may not function properly if you do so.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Log File Information
- Log file information is automatically reported to your browser each time you make a request to access a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use visit our Site, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring /exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users, which then can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Site.
What Information Can Be Seen By Other Users and What Can Only Be Seen By the User that Inputted It?
- Your Entry tracker, Entry category descriptions, Entries, password, email and flags/tags/deadlines to an Entry CANNOT be viewed by other users.
- Any Entry you choose to share with the Spectify Community can be viewed by other Users in the Spectify Community (because that’s point of the Community). You are encouraged to edit Entries before posting them to the Community to ensure there is no private information in the Entry that you do not want disclosed or anything that could reveal your identity or that of any third party. The Site will prompt you to edit the Entry before sharing it with the Community.
- Other Users in the Spectify Community, once you post an Entry or respond to/comment on a posted Entry in the Community, can see your Spectify Assessment Icon, revealing the results of your assessment, your Community Profile and your screen name (but NOT the email you provided at registration).
- Any Entry you choose to share through the public social media platform links offered or through the email share option will, therefore, be able to be viewed by the public. Again, you are encouraged to edit Entries before posting them to the Community to ensure there is no private information in the Entry that you do not want disclosed or anything that could reveal your identity or that of any third party. Whatever identity the social media or email platform you use for this “public” share maintains on you will be viewable and associated with these posts.
- In general, you should not reveal email addresses, phone numbers, addresses or other means of contact in any entry or comment/response made in the Spectify Community. You should also not reveal any private information about a third party or include anything that would reveal your identity or that of anyone you reference (who is not otherwise a public figure).
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- recall your information so that you do not need to re-enter it on your next visit;
- develop and test new products and features;
- identify or fix technology problems;
- provide personalized content and information to you which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- track metrics like total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- allow you to identify “similar” people to you in the Spectify Community.
Who Do We Share This Information With?
We will not share or rent your information outside of Spectify (or its associated companies) without your consent , except as follows:
- We may share your information with third party suppliers and service providers that help maintain and deliver the Site to you. Such suppliers and service providers will only receive the information to the extent necessary for the operation of the Site and will be bound by confidentiality terms.
- Information such as cookie data may be shared with advertising partners to allow them to offer more targeted advertising.
- In order to better understand the site, we may remove anything that identifies data to you and share it in an aggregated and anonymized fashion. To be clear, specific Entries you make will never be shared with a third party even in an anonymous manner.
Anything you post in the Spectify Community could be printed by other Users or cached on their computers and, therefore, subject to being shared, albeit only under your screen name, publicly.
What Happens If We Receive Information Request From Legal Authorities?
- Like anyone or any organization, we take requests from legal authorities seriously. For example, we may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Canada or the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time (if it has not already been fully deleted from our servers) when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
What Happens to Your Information if There is a Change of Control at Spectify?
How Is Your Information Stored?
- We use commercially reasonably safeguards to help keep the information collected through Spectify secure and take reasonable steps, including requesting a unique password, to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. We also strongly encourage the selection of a clearly anonymous screen name for posting in the Spectify Community. That being said, Spectify cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Spectify or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Please also do what you can to preserve the secrecy of your password and the anonymity of your screen name.
How Can I Access, Edit or Delete My Information?
- You may request access to your personal information, which is held by us at any time. You may request to remove, amend or correct your personal information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in one of the ways specified below.
- By completing this
form, you will initiate a process that will terminate your account with Spectify. Within approximately 30 days of this request your information will be permanently deleted from our servers. Prior to the deletion of your information, you may re-instate your account by completing this
What is the Minimum Age to Register an Account with Spectify?
- You must be 13 years of age or older to have an account with Spectify . As such we do not knowingly allow persons under 13 years of age to register for the Site. If we discover that we have information from someone under 13 years of age without parental consent, then we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please
How is Information Managed by Sites That Link to Spectify or that Spectify Links To?
- In the event of the death of a Spectify User, please
contact usclearly noting your concern or question.